Monday, June 11, 2012

First Sentence I Can Find New Yorker Caption Contest!

. . . (wherein I caption the New Yorker Caption Contest cartoon with whatever sentence I first see in whatever book is nearest to me.) [N.B.:  My iPad was closest to me, so I picked the first book in my iBooks library (in this case Leaving the Atocha Station, by Ben Lerner) and "flipped" to a random page. I think this decision was still in keeping with the spirit of this little game I like to play.]


Besides the insomnia, which this time lasted, save for a few nights of long and total and dreamless sleep, for a couple of weeks, I experienced two other notable side effects:  first, my jaw was constantly and involuntarily clenched; second, I had what the internet told me was sexual anhedonia, lovely phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment