Friday, November 18, 2011

First blog. First blog post.

Just getting off the ground here.  How's this going to look?  I dunno.  Probably a collection of readings I've read and videos I've watched and songs/radio programs/podcasts I've heard.  Nothing special, I guess, but no crime either.

I closely follow other blogs that do this exact same thing.  I've learned to appreciate the art of filtering and arranging and displaying the world in interesting ways.  And I the punk-rock part of my brain says, "Make yr own art!"  (The punk-rock part of my brain writes "yr" instead of "your."  The rest of my brain can't stand that.)  So, yeah.  Why not?  Let's see what happens.

An appropriate quote, from Donald Barthelme's story "Genius":

"Q: What do you consider the most important tool of genius today?  A: Rubber cement."


Yep.  That sounds about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment